The charismatic Kenny and his hardworking team prepared six mouthwatering traditional Chinese dishes that illustrated exactly why the Gouger St eatery was awarded Best Chinese Restaurant at the South Australian Catering and Restaurant Awards.
For those of you who were unable to attend, don't despair.. Try out Kenny's fabulous recipe for Tamrind Duck. A delicious yet simple recipe that will suit any occasion and leave you wanting more!
1 cleaned duck [approx. 2 kg]
5 litre water
350ml soya sauce
350ml healthy boy sauce
250gm palm sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
100ml thick caramel sauce
30gm star anise
1 can [375ml] tamarind pulp concentrate
200g palm sugar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Mix all ingredients and bring it to boil.
- Put in the duck and simmer it for about 30 minutes or until duck is tender [add more water if necessary].
- Chop duck into smaller pieces and pour tamarind sauce over it to serve.
To learn some new tricks and release your inner masterchef, be sure to book into one of our cooking classes coming up in the next few months...
- Monday 14th September, Palam Manes of BRITISH INDIA
- Wednesday 14th October, Rob Paglia of LA DOLCE VITA
- Monday 19th October, Matthew Goodlet of SPARROW
- Tuesday 20th October, Peter Clarke of VINTNER'S